Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bison Ceramics - Friday Finds


Have you discovered Bison Ceramics yet? Beautiful, durable and handcrafted in Australia - Whats not to love?!?
I already own a few pieces of Bison - my favorite at the moment is a duck-egg blue tulip bowl. It makes my morning breakfast of raspberry porridge  look so pretty (cook rolled oats till done, throw in a handful of frozen raspberries in, serve drizzled with maple syrup! Yum!), and is the perfect size to cup in your hands while eating curled up on the sofa (a habit I only do at times when I'm on my own - but it is a lovely indulgent habit to have).  I sort of subscribe to the Mireille Guiliano (author of French Women Dont Get Fat) attitude that food needs to be enjoyed as an aesthetic as well as sensory experience, the bowl should look nice, feel nice, be comfortable to hold, and I swear this makes breakfast taste better, feel better, you appreciate it more, feel better nourished than you do scoffing toast while running out the door (another habit I am not immune too unfortunately).  Bison fits the bill perfectly - their ceramics feel solid without being heavy, look elegant while still being usable and are available in the most fantastic colours - a nice change from the white, white, and white platters that dominate my cupboards!


Anyways Bison opens its online store next month and I will be able to shop without hazarding the train to the city! YAY!

I'm coveting one of  the Cucina Plates.  I think they would make fabulous cake platters - imagine one in purple holding a cake dripping with chocolate icing and dusted with silver sprinkles... yumm!

Have a great weekend - rain or shine!

*K*

P.S. All these lovely pics are from Bison's Website, and taken by the talented David Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment